Thursday, September 27, 2012

Cooking Class!

This past week was our third cooking class with some of the ladies in our area and it was a success yet again!  The previous week we made pizza and had eleven women show up.  Yes you read that right...eleven women!  I was too shocked with that many new faces in our house that I totally forgot to take pictures.  This week I was a little more prepared and did a little better at getting some photos.  This week we made chocolate chip cookies and pad thai.  (No pad thai isn't an American dish but the awesome thing about American is that we're a giant melting pot, so we have food from all different cultures.  Praise the Lord for different types of cuisines.  I love food and variety!)

I showed the group how to make cookies, and Ash gave instructions for the Pad Thai.  Of course we had story time with our snacks and tea.  PTL they are excited about coming back next week!  :)

AKA chocolate chip cookies...


This little one came to hang out with us during cooking class.  


Writing the recipes for the day....and our cute friend posing for the camera. :)

Giving instructions for Pad Thai

Showing them how to make cookies! 

I let everyone try some of the chocolate...He was big fan!

Ash showing them the next step for Pad Thai.



Cookie Dough!



Finished product! They loved both items (Win!) and despite the fact that we thought the pad thai had enough of a kick to it with the chili flakes, some ladies requested more.  Whew.  They love their spice.  



No comments:

Post a Comment