Monday, May 23, 2011

Just another Manic Monday...

So this morning started off just like any other Monday morning here in South Asia.  It's humid, there's a guy outside coughing up his lung, the bread bike man drove by playing his Beethoven on the loud speaker, and laundry...Ahhh laundry.  How I hate it.   I want you at home, with your nice washing machine and dryer, to understand just a little bit of this giant task.  The pictures I am about to post may be some what disturbing but this is real life...

So this is what happens when you get lazy on doing laundry.  This is by far the most extreme our room has been.  I promise we're not gross.  That's about a whole weeks worth of clothing there...just waiting to be washed...(Don't judge us on our mess.  If you had to bucket your clothes, you'd probably put it off as long as possible too).


Alright...clothes are soaking, clothes are waiting to be washed, and there's our giant penguin, clothes hamper.  (Billy Madison anyone??)

Ok, so I would apologize for this picture and how rough I look, but this is real life friends.  So here's me working on the "spin cycle" for my clothes.  


This last picture has nothing to do with laundry.  This is just absolutely too ridiculous that I had to post it.  We finished laundry, and Ash comes back in and says "Megan...who's our new friend?"  So, excited to meet this 'new friend', I go into the living room and there's a chicken just hanging out.  We named her Gertude.  (Gertie for short).   Gertie then walked into the kitchen, pooped on the floor, was chased around by yours truly with a broom, and then hid under the bed for little while.  Not to worry, she eventually made her way back outside.  

(To answer the question that I know is on everyone's mind, No we did not eat her for dinner...however we did have eggs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment