This week for cooking class, Ash and I did everything fall! Cider, roasted pumpkin seeds, and pumpkin pie! These three things are quite time consuming, aka we had a lot of prep work. The pumpkin was baked the day before so we could then puree it, (be thankful for your 'Libbys' can!) and the pumpkin seeds had to be picked out of the pumpkin, washed, dried and baked. Sheesh! Needless to say this was all done the day before. The cider was started a few hours before class...Despite the fact that everything took a long time, it was really fun to share these 'different' holiday items with them.
We had decided to serve the ladies apple cider, instead of tea this week, just so they could try it. Unfortunately they were not a fan. "Tastes like medicine". haha Oh well, I thought it was good and made our whole house smell delicious!
(However, they loved the pumpkin seeds)
Sitting on the floor looking at pictures...
Class was interesting this week...More people showed up, but only about two women were actually interested in learning the recipe. This photo sums up how the class went.
Looking at more photos :)
At one point, I found a bunch of the girls just hanging out in my room...just being silly and laughing.
We also thought it would be fun to have them write down what they were thankful for. After Ashley explained it a couple of times and then I tried to explain it as well...I think they understood. It was really neat to see them all sitting around thinking and writing.
"I am Thankful for...."
Homemade pumpkin pie! Not sure if it was one of their favorites, but they said they enjoyed it. :)











No comments:
Post a Comment