Friday, November 9, 2012

Only Three...

This week was one of those weeks were things just felt slightly off.  Our cooking class this week added to that "offness".  We went to a friends wedding this past weekend and were instructed to move our cooking class from Monday to Wednesday because "everyone will be so tired no?"  (As a side note, we know quite a few of the Mus. at this wedding on both sides of the family, and most of our cooking class was present at this wedding.  How neat is that??)  Ash and I obliged to their wishes of having cooking class on Wednesday.  Normally, we call the day before to make sure that there are no weddings going on and no one is in the hospital.  (I can't tell you how many times we've called a friend to check plans the day of and they've told us their going to a wedding or visiting someone in the hospital).  So Wednesday rolls around, and Ash and I are busy getting everything ready for cooking class and I'm not worried because....I called the day before.  It's getting later and later and there is still no one at our house.  I finally call one of the ladies (the one I spoke to the day before mind you, ) and she says "Oh sorry sister, I think there is no class today.  I spoke sister and she says it's tomorrow.  So sorry".  So here we are with half of our food already prepared and cut and ready to go...and there are no ladies coming. 
 grumble*sigh*grumble
So now it's Thursday, and our friends have assured us that today everyone is coming.  They're curious about what we're making and excited to see us.  So again, we begin to prepare the food and get the house ready.  Deja vu?  Teacups and water glasses are out and ready to be filled, but no one is here. Ash and I both are beginning to feel pretty disappointed and annoyed. Then we start getting text messages saying "I cant come, I have headache."  "I missed the train.  Inshallah I come next week".  After about 20 min, we come to find out that only three of our friends are coming.  Only THREE?   I was thinking to myself that we should have just canceled.  That this class will just be silly with only three people. Here's about when i had a little talk with God and wanting to know why no one was coming.  However, despite my negative attitude, God taught me a lesson.  Go figure.  The amount of people coming to cooking class is not the point.  These three women showed up.  They talked with us.  We shared a story about a man who had many evil spirits and how Jesus healed him and took those evil spirits out of him.  Our friends really liked the story.  And then the three of them said, "Even if the others can't come, we can always come.  You just call".  It occurred to me that these women rarely have a chance to leave the house, they have a pretty tough life and I think that they really enjoy this time out of the house and doing something fun for them.  God always knows.  Nothing is ever a surprise to Him.  When will I ever learn?  :) 


Peeling and cutting apples, the first go around, to make apple crisp!  I explained to them that at home in America, I go apple picking in the fall.  

Vanilla Icecream??  yes please!


We also made marshmallow popcorn balls.  ANNnnnd since there were only three women, we decided to show them how they could wrap them up with a bow for birthday party favors.  :)  


1 comment:

  1. WOW! Thanks for your honesty and love for these women! You are an inspiration for me!! <3 Christin

    ReplyDelete