Growing up I remember singing this silly song about a short man who climbed a tree because he wanted to see Jesus. Recently I read this story and was blown away. Here is this vertically stunted man, who went to extreme measures to see Jesus. Up walks Jesus and He looks at him and says "Hey Zacchaeus. I'm coming over to your house." JC knows our names! It occurred to me how impacting this story is for non-believers. In the culture where I live, many people don't even know the names of their own friends. They put labels on people. "The Dumb one", "Fat Auntie", "Teacher Sister" and that's how they differentiate between people. Praise the Lord that the Most High God knows my name. He knows everything about me. He created me. Goodnight! If that doesn't make you stop and be thankful than you had better check yourself. I'm surrounded by people who worship all types of different things, but nothing ever responds to them in the personal way that JC does with His followers. Therefore I wrote the names of everyone in our cooking class on our chalk board for this past weeks cooking class. I serve a God who knows all of their names...and he doesn't stumble over pronunciation either. :)
Chicken and Dumplings and Rolls were on the menu this week.
Baby feet!
Cute!











No comments:
Post a Comment