Thursday, December 27, 2012

East Coast No More

The entire time I've been here in SL, we have traveled numerous times to the East Coast in numerous different modes of transportation.  The most recent, and in fact final trip out east, Ash and I went home with a close friend.  We went with the purpose of meeting with the women of this girl's home church and teaching them different ways to share good news with their Mus. neighbors.  As we sat down in the concrete church building and brought out henna cones and the design of J.C. birth, one of the ladies that was there told us how excited she was that we had come.  "Yesterday I was on the bus and a Mus. lady sat next to me.  I desperately wanted to share with her, but did not even know how to start."  Statements like that, just make me love what we're doing and think "God...You're so cool!"  








The next day we were able to share with the youth group about discipling others and how one can go about doing that.  Youth group here means anyone who is about 17 and older and who is not married.  There were about 26 people there and we all broke up into different groups to practice how to read the bible, how to ask some basic questions about what they read, and discussed the story.  Since moving over here I've seen how incredibly important discipling really is, so this day was really cool.  Afterwards we walked to the beach and hung out.  We were doing some of the girls henna when a large crowd formed around us.  The youth then began to share stories with the crowd.  It was awesome to see them practice what we had taught them earlier in the day and have them see that it's not that difficult to share with others.  I would say that this trip was a great ending to our East Coast sagas.  


No comments:

Post a Comment