We also took her to visit our old neighborhood and visited some of our Mus. friends, Fazna, Azma, and Afsa. Afsa, who is about six months pregnant, rode with us and surprised her sisters about her arrival. "Oh this will be such a good surprise. I love to give them surprise!" -Afsa.
Us with Asma, Afsa, and Fazna...sweet sweet family!
On Christmas Eve, we spent some time with our close friend Linda. In the middle of our bible study we heard a knock on our gate and our little Hindu neighbor had made us "short eats" (snacks) for Christmas. How sweet is that!! Shortly after that, we then began cooking up a feast. We had mashed potatoes, gravy, Chicken, green bean casserole, rolls, cranberry sauce, and pecan pie. (Thanks to those that sent the ingredients to make that dinner happen!) We were quite fat and happy after all that food and ended the evening with "It's A Wonderful Life". (Every time I watch that movie, I just want to run around like James Stewart yelling "Merry Christmas BEDFORD FALLS!")
Christmas day was really good. I was able to talk with my family on the phone and wish them all a Merry Christmas. We joined one of the families here on the island with us for some praise and worship time and Christmas lunch. It was certainly a different Christmas but one I will never forget. I was humbled by those around me, including our toothless Hindu neighbor giving us a Christmas card and making us short eats. By our Buddhist landlord, calling us and wishing us a "Very Happy Christmas" on Christmas morning. By our 'sister' Linda, in her excitement of the meaning of Christmas, and by our team here, who we can come together and worship as a family. I was most certainly blessed this Christmas.



No comments:
Post a Comment