HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!
I've always wanted to do something big for New Years, like go to Time Square and see the ball drop, and this year I got to do that. Well...not the Time Square part or a ball drop, but I did stand in downtown Bangkok, with thousands of strangers, wearing strange things on my heads and counted down to the new year. I have to say, it was pretty awesome! It was even complete with a Thai Pop music band and commentators!
Now I know what you're asking..."Where are the 2012 glasses?" My friends, we searched high and low for those, but came to find that nobody does that in Bangkok. Instead, they wear giant light up bows in all colors. And the guys were no different. They just wore the bow head band around their neck so that it looked like a bow tie. Cute right??
The Makings to a great New Years include:
Mass amounts of people: Check!
Fireworks: Check!
New Years Eve Kiss: Check! (The Hershey kind of kiss that is...)
2011 was a year of firsts and lots of learning....
-Began the jman process
-Met some of the best sisters/friends
-Can say that I have friends all over the globe
-Moved overseas
-Began learning a new language
-Rode an elephant
-Developed a new love for the colors red, white, and blue
-Ate whole garlic cloves for dinner once
-Began to fully rely on public transportation
-Learned how to make homemade hummus
-Learned that I hate making homemade hummus and will never do it again when I move back to America.
-Wore a Saree
-Experienced my first Muslim wedding
-Visited Thailand twice
-Experienced a robbery
-Began craving rice and chicken curry
-Learned how to bathe when there is no shower or bathtub
-Went to my first Cricket game
-Ate Pad Thai in Thailand
-Ate Indian food in India
-Killed some of the largest cockroaches I have ever seen
-Experienced true hospitality
-Henna became an everyday house hold item
-And finally...I learned that you never, NEVER throw out anything. Some little south asianwill be able to fix it and make it new again.
2011 was good but can't wait to see what 2012 holds!



Happy New Year! In case you ever think no one reads the blog, please be reminded that there is a North Carolina girl reading and loving every post. Keep them coming!
ReplyDelete