Christmas time is here!! I love this time of the year...I love baking, I love cold weather, I love seeing family and friends, and decorating for Christmas. I love the whole reason we celebrate Christmas.
For unto us a Child is born,
unto us a Son is given,
and the government shall be upon His shoulder;
and his name shall be called
Wonderful, Counsellor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father,
the Prince of Peace.
(Isaiah 9:6)
I live in a country where Christmas trees and decorations are present and readily available.
(haha ok...these are absolutely ridiculous and slightly creepy. So of course we had to take a pic with them).
Which is confusing since the majority of country is Buddhist, with small percentages following Islam and Hinduism. People are lost and throw in Christmas with everything else they follow. They decorate, they buy presents, all while going celebrating and following buddah.
This season, I'm not at home with my family, and there certainly is not cold weather. HOWEVER, I have blessed in so many ways. I get to celebrate with my family here. I get to share about THE King that was born in a stable, to my friends who live in a village.
I get to share about Jesus, the most perfect gift to people who worship many different gods and don't know what sets Jesus apart from them. We have been able to BAKE (WOOHOO!!!!) so many different types of cookies and have begun handing them out to the people we see on a daily basis. (We handed out cookie bags with the gosp. to each of the workers at our local grocery store...the little security guards were probably the cutest :) )
We had a Christmas henna party for all of the girls in the youth group at our church we go to, and placed the birth of Jesus story on our hands.
We have been able to decorate ( a silly, but really nice comfort) to make it seem more "Christmasy" in our house and have treats like hot chocolate sent to us... :)
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment