Two weeks ago I left for vacation to Bangkok, Thailand. Weeks before, Ashley and I sat on our computers buying our tickets and I remember thinking "WOW!! I'm planning an international vacation! This is such a big deal." AAaaand then I remembered that I live on island in south asia... hah
Needless to say, it was amazing and fun and a much needed break! We found Bangkok to be very similar to America as far as shopping and food goes. They had everything from delicious Mexican food, to Outback Steak House, Krispy Kreme, Dairy Queen, Subway, and my old friend STARBUCKS!!!
<3 LOVE <3
I might have squealed when I saw that they had "Krispy Scream" doughnuts...AHH!!!
While part of the trip was spent indulging in American food and the conveniences of big city life, we also wanted to partake in the famous markets. We had done some research and this market was said to have everything. This market was so big that you could buy maps of the market and still end up completely lost. So that's what we did on Saturday, and here are some of our finds...
A transformer...
Nerd glasses...
Bunnies...
Endless stalls of "food"...
Street Performers...
A Thai Cowboy...
A man with beads in his beard...
Slippers with giant caterpillars and ducks on them...(a very necessary purchase)
And hundreds of our closest friends!
As much as I loved the shopping, riding the metro, taking a water taxi to China Town, eating copious amounts of food, hanging out at the zoo feeding crazy animals, the coolest part of the trip was when we drove an hour and half out of the city to go zip lining through the jungle! That's right! There course had 16 zip lines, with the longest one being 980 something feet. It was by far the coolest feeling, flying through air above all the trees in the jungle. I would do it again in a heartbeat!!
That's right! That's me...flyin' through the jungle!!
This was cheesy and touristy that we just had to!
All in all it was a great trip! We had a ton of fun experiencing a new city and country and pumped that we get to return in January. :) And here are some other photos that are just fun but don't fit in a category :)
Me and a rhino! Look how cute he is!!
Thai people are so fun! They throw up the peace sign all the time in photos, so the fact that our little elephant guide did it, makes this photo great! (well...and the fact that I'm on an elephant.)
Does this really need an explanation?


No comments:
Post a Comment