The other day we were at a national’s home visiting. This is a friend that we have tried a couple different times to share with but each time something happens or they end up changing the subject in mid sentence. Anyways she kept complaining about how she didn’t feel well. After asking if we could lift her up, we came to the realization that she had menstrual cramps. In this culture, when a woman is menstruating she is considered unclean. She’s not allowed to touch or read the holy book, and certainly not allowed to pray. After she told us all of this, she then proceeded to ask Ashley and I if it was the same for us. If we had the same sort of rules in our religion. As I sat there amazed, thinking about how awesome (and funny) Father is by turning this conversation to one that would bring glory to His name, Ashley shared with her. I then shared a story with her and her family from the word. The conversation didn't go anywhere after that, but still...Never in a million years did I think that a conversation about girlie things and cramps would lead to the sharing of the good news. (Totally convinced that HE has such a great sense of humor). It's encouraging to know and see first hand how Father will take everyday situations and turn them completely around and point them to Him. I praise His name for this and HOPE that there are many more of these types of funny situations that arise.
No comments:
Post a Comment