Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Head-Bobbin' in India

For the past two weeks, I have been in India with some other j's, doing training for our South Asia Team. There were about 13 of us here, and today we are being scattered to all different areas of S.A. As excited as we are to finally be going to our final destinations, we have become like a family and it's bitter-sweet to leave everyone. During these two weeks, we have done everything from shopping in the markets, visiting mosques, hindu and sikh temples, taking language classes, and learning how to share the good news to an oral society. We have shared meals, laughter, and tears, with some amazing M's here, and have become adopted into their families.

My hope* for the next two years is that I would make myself lesser and make Him greater. As Ashley, my teammate, and I begin to start this new journey, we have realized that it's not about what we're capable of. When we step out of the way, we allow Dad* to do some amazing things that we never could've imagined. Dad* is always with us and He never leaves us, even in times of darkness. His will is not the safest place to be, but the ONLY place to be. We have experienced some darkness while being here in India, but we know that Dad was with us during those times, and He will be with us in the times to come.

So once again, my bags are packed, and I'm waiting to get on a plane to a brand new destination. New adventures awaite, and I'll be sure to tell you about them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment