Lately I have been quite impressed with SL and it's public transportation. SL recently just finished the express highway which takes you from the capital city all the way down south in an hour and a half. AN HOUR AND A HALF!!! This is awesome folks! Ash and I had taken a trip down there before on a "luxury van" (don't be fooled by the name) and it was your typical south asian drive. It was long, it was bumpy, you had people getting on and off the van at all different times, sometimes there weren't enough seats so it was extra cozy, and it took almost four hours to get there. When they first opened up the road, they were not allowing buses to go so we bummed a ride off of one of the families here. It felt like we were driving down 81 or 66, minus the traffic. After a beautiful day at the beaches down south, you could turn around and drive back and be home in time for dinner. A-mazing! Well since they've opened up this new road, they've now worked out some of the kinks and have AC charter buses that drive down there in the morning and come back in the afternoon all for four dollars. As I said, I've been quite impressed with SL lately, and am thinking that beach days are going to have to happen more often. Way to go SL, Way to Go!
No comments:
Post a Comment